1. Gift giving is easy. We are pretty much easy to buy gifts for. Have you ever seen a chick with natural hair turn down some butter, oils, hair products, or any other styling tools? NO AND YOU’RE NOT GONNA SEE IT. We go BANANAS over new hair products so you don’t have to over think anything. Most of us LOVE earrings to accessorize our hair so that’s pretty easy too.
2. You can touch it. You can play in it and we won’t get mad! Unless of course we did a wash and go and the gel is still setting then you better not touch it because then you’re going to frizz up the style. That’s a fight buddy. But other than that, PLAY AWAY!
3. It’s all mine. You know it’s all real. Basically what you see is what you get. You’re not going to bust up in the house one day and catch us with ~snaps fingers~ that much hair and you just saw us with a 32 inch weave in our hair yesterday. I’m just saying.
4. We’re better than the garden variety female. We’re not your average african-american woman when it comes to hair and health. It has been my experience, even for me, that once you go natural, you start to consider other things in your life such as how your eating and exercising. Basically you start to reconsider all the other unhealthy stuff that you’re doing to your body and we go from ordinary to extraordinary.
5. Self-esteem and confidence is not an issue. We exude confidence like no one else. Let me tell you something, do you have any IDEA how much courage and it takes to cut ALL your hair off as a woman? NO YOU DON’T! We go in the mirror and shamelessly pick up the scissors, freeze for a moment after the first chop then say ” What the hell ever, its done now”. At that point we pick up some of our favorite pair of earrings and we rock that fade or TWA like its 40 inches of hair. BBBAABBYYYY HOW YOU DOING!
Look we basically dripping Swagger.
Any more reasons ladies?