Flaxseed hair gel is a natural, inexpensive hair product particularly suited for curly or wavy hair. It defines and moisturizes curly hair without creating stiffness or crunchiness. Many additional ingredients can be added to homemade flaxseed gel to customize it for the particular needs of your hair. The following process takes approximately 7 minutes.
Flaxseed gel is also a great alternative styling product for those allergic to mainstream or traditional natural hair products.
Flaxseed gel lasts about two weeks refrigerated, or longer with added preservatives. It can be frozen for later use.
- 1/3 cup golden flaxseeds
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/3 tsp citric acid
- 15 drops tangerine oil
- 2 tablespoon Golden flaxseed
- 1 cup distilled or filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid (preservative)
- 5 drops of essential oil (your choice but it’s a good idea to use the citrus ones since they are antibacterial)
- 5 drops of clove essential oil (antibacterial)
Use water infused with marshmallow root for the flaxseed cooking liquid.
- 1 oz (28.3g) seamollient
- 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 10 drops vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon grapefruit seed extract
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseed
- A handful of dried hibiscus flowers
- After straining the gel, add 1 teaspoon jojoba oil, 1 teaspoon argan oil, 1/2 teaspoon vegetable glycerin, 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar, 2 oz (56.6g) seamollient, and 1/4 teaspoon optiphen (preservative).
Read Recipe Instructions Here. Also, see video below.