I borrowed this from Natural By L. How often do you wash (shampooing or cowashing) your hair? Also, does that amount change from summer to winter? Comment below.
Since starting my Grow Out Challenge, I have increase the times I wet my hair. I have found from my research that your hair and scalp thrive when giving water on a regular basis. Here are some facts about water and hair.
- Your body is primarily made of water water this includes your hair.
- Water is the best moisturizer for hair and skin.
- Your hair products should be water based to really moisturize.
Currently, I shampoo, rinse, steam and mist my hair and scalp regularly. This is the beginning step of moisturizing you hair in layers. We’ll talk about that more later. In doing this I use coconut oil or shea butter to seal the moisture into my hair and scalp. Applying from root to ends.
- Shampoo once a week with a sulfate-free shampoo
- Rinse hair every two to three days. In the winter time, dry hair under a hooded dryer for about 20 mins. Also cover hair with satin scarf in extremely cold climates.
- Mist hair and scalp with water and vegetable glycerin mixture in spray bottle. You can purchase vegetable glycerin here.